Supervised by Dr. Isabel Ramírez, and with the help of field assistant Rufina Rosas, during July and August, Dr. Pablo Jaramillo, coordinated the planting of 37,730 pines, 1,000 oyamels, and 1,280 oaks on 35 hectares. The trees were planted in 9 different areas within the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve (MBBR). Five local communities participated in the tree planting.
Inside this Issue:
- Summer 2013 Reforestation: 34,000+ Trees Planted!
- Alternare’s Community Building Activities Continue
- Eco-tourism Workshops
- Summer 2013 Monarch Population
- Monarchs and Global Warming
- Barbara Kingsolver Visits Sweet Briar Lab as Part of her Research for her Book “Flight Behavior”
- News From the Board - MBF welcomes Dr. Ernest Williams
- Don Davis in the Media
- Gail Morris Raises Awareness of the Southwest Population
- Karen Oberhauser Receives Citizen Science Champion of Change Award
- Ernest William Spreads the Word
- International Symposium on Monarch Butterfly Research
Download the full PDF to read more.