Silvano Aureoles, Governor of Michoacán, Hilda Dominguez, Municipal President of Angangueo, and Carmelo Martínez, Ejido Leader, unveiled a plaque that remembers Lincoln for “his passion for monarchs, nature, science and conservation.” Governor Silvano commemorated the fact that it was in this very sanctuary where Lincoln first saw a butterfly colony and called it “Site Alpha”. MBF Board member, Isabel Ramírez, read a beautiful thank you message from Lincoln’s wife, Linda Fink, and gave a brief overview of Lincoln’s work including the important role he played in the conservation of this site.
Inside this Issue:
- Tribute to Lincoln Brower
- Almost 23,000 trees planted in 2019!
- 10,000 Oyamel Trees Planted
- Vegetation and Land Cover Map
- Mural in Sierra Chincua
- Evaluation of Restoration
- Assisted Migration
- Alternare Update
- Monarch Network Update
- Monarch Joint Venture
- Lincoln P. Brower Award Winners
- Neonicotinoids and Monarchs
- Milkweed and Monarchs in the Upper Midwest
- Monarch Challenge Update
Download the full PDF to read more.